The mission of the Library is to provide an environment conducive to reading, learning, study, and research for students.
The volunteers and classroom teachers support students becoming curious, competent, independent, and informed scholars by developing their appreciation for literature, research, and a thoughtful, critical approach to books and electronic media. To this end, volunteers and faculty seek to:
- Foster a love of reading.
- Provide convenient access to a variety of resources and tools.
- Teach students the skills to gather, synthesize, and document reliable, accurate data.
- Support curriculum through the book collection.
- Celebrate cultural richness and diversity through book offerings.
Students browse through books, engage in reading, pour over reference texts, use internet resources or discuss homework assignments. The library layout is designed to encourage multi-purpose use. It is warm and brightly lit by a bank of windows across one whole wall, with tables and chairs for study, storytelling space and a circulation desk. Each class has a regular weekly scheduled time in the library.