Trinity Lutheran Church established Trinity Lutheran School (TLS) in 1891, one month after it was founded in 1890.
The church founders believed the school should be the community’s foundation, and since then, the school has been integral to the church and its mission.
TLS grew from two rooms to a four-room school. To further accommodate its expansion, the school moved to its current location on NE Killingsworth Street.
Demonstrating its commitment to Christian education, TLS’s congregation worshipped in the gymnasium to ensure that the school could continue to improve its facilities. It wasn’t until 1989 that the current worship sanctuary was dedicated.
TLS also enjoys the continued interest of many generations of proud Trinity Tigers returning home. Alumni come back often to see that the next generation receives the same Christian education that TLS is known for.
TLS currently has a full and part-time staff serving about 110 students from pre-school through grade 8.